If you’re planning a class reunion, you may be looking for some new ideas for unique favors. Will you be sending home your classmates with cool souvenirs that remind them of a wonderful time reconnecting with old friends? Or will those party giveaways end up in a box in the attic or the trash? Here are the top do’s and don’ts to help you find class reunion favors that everyone will love.
1. DON’T do the same old thing. Items like imprinted pens, shot glasses, mugs, water bottles and mouse pads have been done over and over again. There’s nothing wrong with them, but they have no wow factor. If you want to give your classmates a memorable memento to bring home, then think outside the box.
2. DO choose useful. Forget the imprinted stress ball. It will end up in the back of a drawer. Instead focus your search on finding class reunion favors that everyone can use. There are lots of things that you can have personalized that are also practical. How about a pocket magnifier, mini flashlight, memo board or little sewing kit? Search for fun, but functional items like a frisbee, backscratcher, mini spiral notebook or pocket mirror.
3. DO consider seasonal. If you’re having your reunion in the spring, an imprinted ice cream scoop, sand pail or pocket fan may be appropriate. If the party is in the fall, you might want to go with an ice scrapper or holiday ornament.
4. DO think retro. Your high school reunion will be a time when all of your classmates will be remembering the good old days. Play up the nostalgia with party souvenirs that boost the reminiscing. Custom CDs with songs from your graduating year is one possibility. Another idea is personalized year you graduated notebooks, magnets or bookmarks that feature prices, top songs, TV shows, winners in film and sports from your graduating year. Give out these favors and conversations will spark.
5. DO look into something edible. This is always a crowd pleaser. There are many options for every budget. All your reunion information could be printed in your school colors on a candy bar wrapper that covers a gourmet chocolate bar. Or you could select a mint tin with a custom reunion design on the cover. Some of these tins even come with premium chocolates or other candies. How about hot chocolate mix? You could have cookies made with your school and class year written in icing on the top. Do a little online browsing and you’ll find everything from personalized M&Ms to fortune cookies with your message.
6. DON’T spend a lot of money. Unique doesn’t have to mean expensive. Invest some time online searching for these giveaways for your classmates. You should be able to find something great for a couple of dollars for each souvenir.
7. DON’T wait too long. Favors may not be the most important part of the class reunion party, but if you procrastinate, you might find yourself limited to what you can get on short notice. Keep in mind that custom, imprinted items will take longer to receive than products that aren’t personalized.
8. DO seek inspiration. Check online forums and reunion websites for other people’s ideas. They have an abundance of information and advice. Also ask friends and coworkers for suggestions.
9. DON’T consider a favor that would exclude anyone. For example, imprinted golf tees are fun, functional and unique. But they wouldn’t appeal to people who don’t play golf. When deciding on reunion souvenirs, ask yourself whether or not this would be something that all of your classmates could use.
10. DON’T let it drive you crazy. These little giveaways at your reunion party are meant to be fun. Choose something you think your classmates will like, and then don’t second guess your decision.
You really can find class reunion favors that will be the hit of the party. You don’t have to go with the same old thing or spend a lot of money. Just give yourself a little time, do some online searching, check out reunion websites and forums and it won’t be long until you discover fun, functional and unique souvenirs for your classmates.