How does a person get emotionally frozen? When all their feelings and emotions are trapped deep, down inside and act as a one big aching pain in their body? Crying acts like a release for these emotions but when you can’t cry your body cries out for release.
In some ways it is one of the most painful thing anyone can live through. To go through their days and nights with all this pain trapped deep down inside of them. When a loved one dies and you can’t get the emotion’s out.
Of course, the emotion has to come out in some kind of way, maybe in headaches, pain in various parts of your body or in dizziness. The worst part is anxiety. You feel and appear anxious and when you get nervous
or stressed the anxiety becomes unbearable. It takes over your mind and body and soon you can’t function.
Sleeping is a thing of the past. Your mind runs and runs, and do you really remember what you were thinking about all those hours when you should have been sleeping?
The next step is seeing a Psychiatrist and taking anxiety medication which may or may not work. The side effects, if you read the papers which come along with each prescription bottle are pages long. You can’t win for losing.
What can you do when this happens to you?
1. Sports where you are moving your body is good.
2. Swimming is fabulous it really works your entire body including your mind.
3. Water aerobics is a little different from swimming. It tones your body into a sculptured piece of art.
4. Walking by yourself or with a friend is also very therapeutic.
5. Paint a room in your house. Make it colorful. You will get physical exercise and boost your self-esteem.
6. Take your dog for a good long walk. Stop and talk to the neighbors. You might meet neighbors who have lived in your neighborhood for years and never met before.
7. Talk to a therapist.
8. Join a support group.
9. Write about it. You do not need to share it with anybody just for yourself.
10. Try deep breathing. It really helps calm you down.
The object here is to keep your mind and body busy so you won’t think of all the pain trapped in your body. Someday something might happen out of the blue that you see or read and the water works will start.
Release of all the emotions trapped in your body will come tumbling out. But until that happens to you try the above suggestions or add your own. Everybody has some kind of hobby or interest they can get lost in. Get lost in yours.
Thank you for reading my article. Please feel free to read any of the various articles I have written on numerous subjects in the past years.
Linda E. Meckler