Not many players like to share their best Northrend gold farming spots because, let’s face it, no one likes to share a spot with other players. There are so many places to farm gold in WotLK that most players don’t even know about. Therefore, to help everyone a little bit, I’m going to share here in a few words, my favorite Northrend gold farming spots.
1. Cauldron of Flames. This spot is located in southeastern Wintergrasp. It’s a zone with fire elemental mobs that drop Crystallized Fire, items that you can combine to make Eternal Fire. Also, there are a few Cinder Clouds in this area and if you’re an engineer you can extract more Crystallized Fire from these clouds. Although the respawn rate of the fire elementals is a bit low, this is one of the best places to farm Crystallized Fire in Northrend.
2. Gimorak’s Den. You can find this cave in the middle area of Storm Peaks. There are plenty of wolves and Jormungar worms inside the cave. They drop meats used in cooking and they also can be skinned for Borean Leather and Jormungar Scales. Of course, the scales drop from the worms only. If you’re a skinner, you will occasionally find Arctic Fur when skinning these beasts.
3. Onslaught Harbor. This is one of the Northrend gold farming spots that I prefer because I’m a tailor. There are many humanoid mobs here that drop Frostweave Cloth and since I have the passive skill Northern Cloth Scavenging, i can get a lot more cloth scraps than other players. However, if you choose this spot as your farming destination, you’d better keep an eye out because this is a daily quest zone and you can get attacked by an enemy player that comes for here to complete those quests.
4. Valkyrion. This spot is in western Storm Peaks. The Nascent Val’kyrs at these camp have 100% chances to drop Dissolved Soul Essence. These are grey items which you just may neglect and destroy, but they have a very high vendor value. Each essence costs 65s and since every Val’kyr drops one, you can make a lot of gold just by selling these junk items to a vendor.
5. The Lake at Blue Sky Logging Grounds. This is one of the best Northrend gold farming spots for fishing. This lake is in northern Grizzly Hills and is quite rich in Glacial Salmon, a type of fish needed by cooks for the Fish Feast raiding food. Sometimes, you can sell these fish for up to 60-70g per stack. I also got the super cool Sea Turtle mount by fishing in one of the Glacial Salmon Schools here.
I hope that you will make some money at these Northrend gold farming spots I have described in this article. However, these are just 5 of the best spots in Northrend, so if you would like to learn about many others, I strongly recommend the WoW gold guide I’ve been using.